Tik Tok has officially introduced a new brand and platform called TikTok For Business that will serve as the home for all its current and future marketing solutions for brands.
No matter how big or small the business is, and no matter what you’re making or selling, you can always advertise your business on TikTok and the popular social media platform believes your brand deserves to be discovered.
The newest feature include access to TikTok ad formats, TopView – the ad that appear when you first launch the TikTok app as well as other products such as Brand Takeovers, In-Feed Videos, Hashtag Challenges and Branded Effects.
TikTok For Business allow marketers to customise their ads
For instance, Brand Takeovers are the 3-5 second ads that can be either in video or image format. In-Feed Videos on the other hand, is a 60 seconds videos where you can run with the sound on.
TikTok For Business has included many features to help marketers to promote their brands as in Hashtag Challenge that allow brands to participate in the user community by inviting TikTok users to create content around a hashtag of their choice. This includes Hashtag Plus where a shopping feature is added. Some of popular international brands that have been using this feature are Nike, Samsung and many more.
Businesses can create creative contents to boost engagement on TikTok
Other than that, TikTok For Business also has Branded Effects feature allowing brands to insert themselves more directly into the content creation experience. Users can add a brand or product to a video in a 2D or now AR format.
Besides, TikTok is launching a new e-learning center that will help marketers learn about TikTok and its ad offerings. Among the offerings are product guides, resources and creative best practices to help them launch successful campaigns or learn about the Branded Effects Partner Program.
How to promote your brand or product using TikTok For Business?
As TikTok is moving towards a monetized future, brands owners can pay to TikTok to have their ads shown to user. It’s a brilliant platform for brands that work in design, tech and software to advertise their products. Here’s how TikTok allows you to advertise:
- Brand takeovers: These ads appear in the user’s feed before they see any other user content. They’re linkable to the advertiser’s landing page and are exclusive to different categories. Basically, only one ad can show in that slot for the specific category per day.
- Native ads: These video ads play between user content. They can be between 9-15 seconds long and include buttons. However, users can skip or scroll past these ads.
- Sponsored hashtag challenges: Your business can pay to sponsor a hashtag challenge and obtain a custom banner across the Discover page. When users tap it, they’re taken to videos that your team creates explaining and demonstrating the challenge, all while promoting your brand.
Use influencer marketing to boost your brand engagement
Like other popular social media, you can use influencer marketing to expand your reach. Normally, the more followers an influencer has, the more expensive they are to work with. You can approach relevant TikTok influencers and propose a working relationship with them. Find influencers who work within your niche and whose personalities align with your brand’s values. TikTok influencers can promote your product or brand in many ways”
- Talk about your product in a TikTok video
- Post about it in the video description
- Link to your brand in the description
TikTok is a fun way to explore and at the same time an effective tool to promote your businesses. So get familiar with the app and try the TikTok For Business!