The Tunas Usahawan Belia Bumiputera (TUBE) program is a government initiative to encourage youths to venture into entrepreneurship. Government allocates RM 10 million to SME Corp Malaysia to carry out this program and help out youths.
TUBE program supports the nation’s youth development policy where entrepreneurship is one of the key areas of focus for youth to move forward. It targets Bumiputera youths between the ages of 18-30 who have deep interest in engaging in entrepreneurship – especially youths who have basic skills certificates from local training institutions or skills centres.
Phases in Tunas Usahawan Belia Bumiputera (TUBE)
The programme includes both mental and physical endurance, and participants will be exposed to the landscape and challenges of the business world. This will be done through three phases which include:
Who can apply?
- Malaysian Bumiputera citizens aged between 18 – 30 years on the closing date of the online application;
- Applicants with a skills certificate from a local institution / skills center will be given priority;
- Have not started a business yet, but have a deep interest in starting a business. If doing business, it must be less than 12 months registered with SSM on the closing date of the online application;
- Healthy body and can perform any physical and strenuous activities
- The applicant has never been convicted of a criminal offense and has never been declared bankrupt and not blacklisted by PTPTN
- The applicant is not a close family with any SME Corp staff
- For applicants of spouses / siblings, only one is eligible to be considered
- Applicants do not work either in the public or private sector;
- Applicants have never participated in this program before
When you can apply for TUBE program?
- Online applications are open from 15 October 2020 until 25 October 2020 only
- Applications before or after the due date will not be accepted
- Applications can only be made once.
The application process
- Online Application: 15 October 2020 – 25 October 2020
- Application Screening: November 2020
- Interview Session: November 2020
- Online Training: January – March 2021 (in stages)
- Business Implementation & Monitoring (Phase 3): May 2021 – April 2022 (according to online training batch)
To apply, you can click here to know more about the program.