Previously, Facebook users have used Facebook to buy and sell things on Marketplace. However, Facebook is making it easier by allowing small businesses to market their products on online shop – Facebook Shops. This new feature makes it easier for people to discover and shop for things they love.
With the Covid-19 outbreak, many small businesses are struggling and some stores had to close down and many are looking to bring their business online. Hence, Facebook is taking an initiative by launching Facebook Shops.
Facebook Shops allow customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram
With Facebook Shops, business owners can easily set up a single online store for customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram. It is easy to set up and business owners can choose the products they want to feature from their catalog.
They have the freedom to customise the layout with a cover image and preferred colour that showcase their brand. Business owners can bring their business online and connect with customers anywhere, anytime.
Customers can browse full catalog and save products they’re interested in
Potential buyers can find Facebook Shops on a business’ Facebook Page or Instagram profile or they can even discover them through stories or ads. They can browse the full catalog, save products they’re interested in and place an order.
Facebook Shops also allow customers to ask for help or if they have inquiry by enabling them to message a business through WhatsApp, Messenger or Instagram Direct. Customers can ask questions, get support, track deliveries and more by connecting with the seller.
How to set up Facebook Shops?
- Step 1: Make sure you have a Facebook business page before continuing. Navigate to your Facebook page and click “settings”.
- Step 2: Click “templates and tabs” and find “Shop” and click “add tab”.
- Step 3: You must agree to Facebook’s Seller Terms and Policies. Make sure to read it through before agreeing and clicking “continue”.
- Step 4: Next, Facebook will ask you how you’d like people to purchase products from your shop. You can choose either “message to buy” or “checkout on another website”.
- Step 5: Now, it’s time to add products to your Facebook shop. Upload your product photos and videos. Type in your product name, price and include a product description.
- Step 6: Once you finish, click “save”. You’ll need to wait for Facebook to review and accept your products. Facebook will notify you when processing is complete and your products are visible.
Soon, Facebook Shops will be more widely available in various countries. Click here to know more about it.