If you are going to start your renovation works for your residential or commercial need, this is a must-read article before your renovation begins. Houses come in all shapes and sizes which generally means it involves different costs. Hence, there isn’t one fixed figure and really depends on the amount of renovations you would like to do.
We have compiled a comprehensive renovation breakdown cost varied for type of homes that includes carpentry, electrical wiring, plastering, painting and wet works. Believe it or not, this will gives you a better understanding of your renovation costing and better control over your renovation budget. Let’s take a look at the breakdown costs of each property type:
1. Condominium: RM40,000 to RM150,000
2. Terrace: RM60,000 to RM250,000
3. Semi-Detached: RM100,000 to RM300,000
4. Bungalow: RM150,000 to RM600,000
Here’s a breakdown of renovation costs in Malaysia:
Flooring takes a significant portion of your renovation budget – but, you can’t skip on this. Flooring is a must-have in your renovation plan. Combined with the labour needed to set a foundation and to lay tiles, the average amount would be minimum a few thousand Ringgit.
After all, the cost will be varied according to the materials you choose:
- Parquet: RM10 – RM30 per square feet
- Vinyl: RM4.5 – RM12 per square feet
- Carpet: RM4.5 – RM15 per square feet
- Tiles: RM9 – RM60 per square feet
If flooring is on your top list, plumbing falls on number two most-important element in your renovation. A house will need proper sanitary fittings to fuel water to various parts of your home. You’ll need it for your kitchen, bathrooms, laundry yards and your outdoor spaces.
Take a look at a general estimate when buying and installing some key plumbing accessories:
- Installing Water Heater: +/- RM250
- Installing Sink and Tap: +/- RM300
- Installing Toilet Bowl: +/- RM400
* Note: Prices may vary according to the brand of sanitary fittings you select.
3. Electrical works
Once you have set your budget for flooring and plumbing, don’t forget to set aside a sum for electrical wiring. This includes lighting, power and cable points. Costs would be varied from electrician to electrician.
Here’s an average cost for electrical works:
- Power Point (Single): RM70 – RM100
- Lighting Point: RM40 – RM90
- Telephone Point: RM100 – RM120
- Two-Way Switch: About RM180
* Installing wires require hacking, which will add on to your costs. Make sure you check with your ID or electrician if these are included in the quote given.
4. Feature Walls
Feature walls act as a statement piece which provides a focal point and a visually interesting feature. You may choose from industrial looking exposed bricks or artistic glass tiles.
Here are some pricing guidelines for popular feature wall works and materials:
- Painting: +/- RM40 per square feet
- Plywood Laminate: +/- RM80 per square feet
- Decorative Stone Veneers: RM10 – RM30 per square feet (without installation)
5. Carpentry Work
Carpentry is an inescapable part of a renovation. Carpentry helps in designing kitchen countertops, wardrobe, study tables and many more. The price depends on the complexity of your designs.
Estimate your budget according to this price guideline:
- TV Console: RM150 – RM300 per foot run
- Shoe Cabinet: RM300 – RM500 per foot run
- Kitchen Cabinet (Base/Wall): RM100 – RM300 per foot run
- Kitchen Countertop:
Solid: RM150 – RM200 per foot run
Granite: RM250 – RM400 per foot run
Quartz: RM150 – RM400 per foot run
Wood: From RM200 per foot run
- Study Table: RM200 – RM300 per foot run
- Wardrobe: RM350 – RM600 per foot run
6. False Ceiling
False ceilings are a great way to add dimension and provide a seamless platform to install any recessed lighting. False ceilings also serve a practical purpose – conceal any stray electrical wires, service lines or cables.
Here’s the estimated price for false ceiling:
- Plaster Ceiling: RM2 – RM5 per square feet
- Light Trough: RM7 – RM30 per foot run
7. Wall Hacking
Hacking is a common component in a renovation. It is required if you are opening up a space, combining two rooms or remodelling your home layout. It is also needed if you are building a partition or half wall.
- Hacking: RM20 per square feet
If you are looking for the best designer to renovate your home, YLD GROUP provide all the services
Fit with their slogan, “Designer Home, Everyone Owns”, YLD Group let customers stay in their dream house by providing renovation services at affordable price. Besides, YLD Group have Max Value package which is as below:
- RM100,000 furniture discounted to RM80,000
- RM60,000 furniture discounted to RM40,000
- Kitchen cabinet start from RM3,999 (*this package is only limited to 100 sets per month)
If you are interested to get a quote please contact
Telephone number: 016-2283688